ASH RARE BOOKS – ANTIQUE PRINTS OF EAST LONDON – BETHNAL GREEN
ANTIQUE PRINTS OF BETHNAL GREEN AT
ANTIQUE PRINTS OF BETHNAL GREEN
|CLICK ON REFRESH/RELOAD TO ENSURE YOU HAVE THE UPDATED VERSION OF THIS PAGE|
[ENGLISH SCHOOL] : COLUMBIA MARKET.
[London : Cassell & Co., 1878]. A handsome antique print of the mock-gothic market in Bethnal Green designed by H. A. Darbishire and opened at the expense of Baroness Burdett-Coutts in 1869. The market was demolished in 1958 – Columbia Road and the flower market mark the site. Originally produced as an extra presentation plate for the part-work “Old and New London” (London : 1873-1878).
To purchase, call us or e-mail us at email@example.com quoting stock number 38476 – or simply click on the button
[ENGLISH SCHOOL] : VIEW OF IRONMONGERS ALMS-HOUSES KINGSLAND ROAD.
[London : John Cooke, 1777]. An attractive antique print of the eighteenth-century almshouses that now house the Geffrye Museum – the view set within a beaded border. Originally engraved for the Cooke part-work publication, Henry Chamberlain, “A New and Compleat History and Survey of the Cities of London and Westminster” (1770), but here in a slightly later impression utilised for Walter Harrison, “A New and Universal History, Description and Survey of the Cities of London and Westminster” (1775-1777).
To purchase, call us or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting stock number 32027 – or simply click on the button
[PAYNE, Albert Henry, 1812-1902] : NEW LODGE, VICTORIA PARK, BONNER’S FIELDS.
[London : E. T. Brain & Co., 1847]. A charming small antique print of the recently laid out Victoria Park. An engraving from the workshop of A. H. Payne, originally produced for Payne’s “Illustrated London, or a Series of Views in the British Metropolis and its Vicinity” (1846-1847).
To purchase, call us or e-mail us at email@example.com quoting stock number 41206 – or simply click on the button
SHEPHERD, Thomas Hosmer, 1793-1864 : [HAGGERSTON] NEW CHURCH, HAGGERSTONE.
London : Jones & Co., 1827. A handsome antique print of the church of St. Mary Haggerston built in an unusual neo-gothic design by John Nash in 1826-1827 – but destroyed in 1941. Engraved by William Deeble (1791-1861) from an original study by Thomas Hosmer Shepherd , the master recorder of nineteenth-century London. From Shepherd’s series “Metropolitan Improvements; or London in the Nineteenth Century” (London : 1827-1830).
To purchase, call us or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting stock number 29675 – or simply click on the button
Designed and © 2017 Ash Rare Books