ASH RARE BOOKS – ANTIQUE PRINTS OF ST. ETHELBURGA
ANTIQUE PRINTS OF ST. ETHELBURGA THE VIRGIN AT
ANTIQUE PRINTS OF ST. ETHELBURGA
|CLICK ON REFRESH/RELOAD TO ENSURE YOU HAVE THE UPDATED VERSION OF THIS PAGE|
CONEY, John, 1786-1833 : ST. ETHELBURGA.
London : J. Booth, 1812. A handsome antique print – the east side of Bishopsgate and the old church of St. Ethelburga the Virgin. Engraved by Joseph Skelton (1783-1871) from an original drawing by John Coney. Originally produced for the part-work series “Architectura Ecclesiastica Londini; being a Series of Views” (London : 1810-1823) – “the first artistically competent and exhaustive illustration of the golden age of London church building” (Adams). Below the image are several lines of explanatory text.
LUKER, William, 1862-1934 : CHURCH OF ST. ETHELBURGA, BISHOPSGATE.
[London : Leadenhall Press, 1891]. An antique print – bustling late Victorian Bishopsgate, the old church, the city office of Christie’s next door, hansom cabs, etc. From an original design by the painter and illustrator William Luker. Engraved in Paris by Ch. Guillaume & Cie. for the Leadenhall Press publication “London City” (1891).
To purchase, call us or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting stock number 38039 – or simply click on the button
MACKENZIE, Frederick, 1787-1854 : ST. ETHELBURGA. BISHOPSGATE STREET.
London : C. Tilt, 1839. A handsome antique print of the interior of the smallest of the city churches – St. Ethelburga the Virgin within Bishopsgate. Engraved by Thomas Turnbull (fl.1827-1843) from an original study by the architectural painter and draughtsman Frederick Mackenzie. Originally produced for George Godwin’s serially published “The Churches of London” (London : 1837-1839).
To purchase, call us or e-mail us at email@example.com quoting stock number 35747 – or simply click on the button
PRIOR, William Henry, 1812-1882 : [BISHOPSGATE] ST. ETHELBURGA’S CHURCH.
[London : 1878 (or later)]. A pleasant Victorian print – Bishopsgate and the old church, partly hidden by the premises of E. Henry Robinson, an optician, built around the entrance. Based on an original sketch by William Henry Prior – and originally produced for the part-work “Old and New London” (London : 1873-1878).
To purchase, call us or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting stock number 38040 – or simply click on the button
Designed and © 2016 Ash Rare Books