ASH RARE BOOKS – ANTIQUE PRINTS OF CLAPHAM
ANTIQUE PRINTS OF CLAPHAM AT
ANTIQUE PRINTS OF CLAPHAM
|CLICK ON REFRESH/RELOAD TO ENSURE YOU HAVE THE UPDATED VERSION OF THIS PAGE|
BURTON, Charles : SAINT PAUL’S CHAPEL. S-E. CLAPHAM.
[London : Privately published, 1824]. A scarce and handsome antique print of the recently-built St. Paul’s on Rectory Grove in Clapham – completed to the designs of Christopher Edmonds in 1815. Below the image is a simple ground plan. Lithographed from a study by Charles Burton and originally produced for Charles Thomas Cracklow’s “Lithographic Views of all the Churches and Chapels of Ease in the County of Surrey” (1823-1824). Printed by Peter Simonau of Essex Street, off the Strand.
To purchase, call us or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting stock number 36782 – or simply click on the button
HOWLETT, Bartholomew, 1767-1827 : CLAPHAM OLD CHURCH, N.E. SURREY.
[London : Printed by Nichols, Son, & Bentley], 1815. An interesting antique print – the old parish church on Rectory Grove (the site of the present nineteenth-century church of St. Paul). The tombstone of Jane and Ann Pike is shown with some prominence in the foreground. Drawn and engraved by Bartholomew Howlett and originally produced for “The Gentleman’s Magazine” for December 1815.
To purchase, call us or e-mail us at email@example.com quoting stock number 42358 – or simply click on the button
PHILIP & SON, George – publishers : [CLAPHAM JUNCTION].
London : George Philip & Son, [ca.1908]. An attractive map of the area around Clapham Junction, extending north into Battersea and parts of Fulham, east and south to take in portions of Wandsworth and Clapham Commons, and west to include Wandsworth High Street. Produced on a scale of some 2-3/4 inches to the mile, the map was originally produced for an early twentieth-cenury edition of "Philip’s Handy Volume Atlas of London".
To purchase, call us or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting stock number 40905 – or simply click on the button
PRIOR, William Henry, 1812-1882 : OLD CLAPHAM CHURCH IN 1750.
[London : 1878 (or later)]. An antique print of the snow-clad church – the old parish church on Rectory Grove (the site of the present nineteenth-century church of St. Paul). Engraved from a study (based on an earlier source) by William Henry Prior. Originally produced for the part-work “Old and New London” (London : 1873-1878).
To purchase, call us or e-mail us at email@example.com quoting stock number 40354 – or simply click on the button
Designed and © 2018 Ash Rare Books